The Secrets of Industrial Control Panel Design
This is a must for those who wish to become proficient in the latest UL and IEC/EN standards. You’ll also get a clear picture of differences between U.S. and CE markets as well as North American and European applications.
The course is a summary and a condensed version of a standard one day course on designing industrial control panels for the North American market and another one day couse on desiging industrial control panels according to international IEC/EN standards with the additional aspects and requirements of the European Directives and the CE mark.
What can you expect to learn from this class?
- An introduction and overview about the important standards for electrical control panel design
- Learn about standards specific to UL and IEC
- Learn about the UL508A standard for Industrial Control Panels
- Learn about the NFPA79 standards for Industrial Machinery
- Discuss the new IEC/EN 61439-1 standard for low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies
- Learn about the IEC/EN 60204-1 standard for electrical equipment of machines
- The latest changes and updates in the relevant standards for control panel design for the local, domestic market as well as for the international markets
- Basic differences between North America and Europe
- Overview on requirements in North America
- Codes, standards and organizations
- UL marks, terms and definitions
- SCCR - short circuit current ratings
- Motor branch circuits
- Protective measures according to UL/NFPA
for control panels
- Overview on requirements in Europe
- Introduction to European directives
- CE marking and assessement procedures
- IEC and EN standards
- Required verfication for control panels
- Protective measures according to IEC/EN
for control panels
- Helpful tools, efficient planning and documentation
- Support and further information
Date: Next event date TBA
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
This is a free event. Registration is required.