Training & Events
Applied Controls offers certified professional technical training, hands-on workshops, and seminars throughout the year at each of our office locations and online via our virtual classroom webinars. Browse our detailed full training course and workshop descriptions, view a complete list of upcoming training sessions and events on our schedule, or request to have a workshop scheduled near you.
Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 • 10:00am – 3:00pm • Applied Controls – Malvern Office
Fundamentals of TIA System Engineering
Demands placed on automation systems and components are increasing faster and faster, challenging customers to adopt new methods and approaches to solving the task at hand.
Join us for this in-depth, fast-paced instructor-led workshop conducted by a Certified Siemens Automation Specialist, and learn how to efficiently engineer an automation system solution using the TIA Portal.
What will you learn?
- The TIA Portal layout, engineering software packages, and how to create a project
- How to commission S7 hardware, including S7-1200 and S7-1500 PLCs with local and PROFINET remote IO
- Details of the S7 PLC memory structure and how to create a program using recommended best practices
- How to integrate a SINAMICS general purpose drive, commission it, and control it via the PLC as a motion axis
- How to integrate an HMI and transfer data, error reporting, system diagnostics, and user messages from the PLCs
- How to leverage the integrated project management and commissioning support tools
Hands-on: Experience First-Hand the Tools and Technology
You’ll work Live and Online with the TIA Portal – a single engineering framework for controllers, distributed I/O, HMI, drives, motion control, and motor management to provide unparalleled performance and results.
The workshop begins with “out of the box” hardware whereby the attendee starts from Step 1 and builds a complete integrated and operating system consisting of an S7-1200 PLC, S7-1500 PLC, SINAMICS G120 VFD and Comfort Panel HMI, all networked together with PROFINET.
April 10-11th, 2024 • 9:00am – 5:00pm (2-Days) • Applied Controls – Malvern Office
TRAINING • 6 SPOTS • $1,000/STUDENT
Universal Robots Core Training
- Manage the robot safely understanding safety concepts
- Build and optimize programs for several typical applications such as pick & place, palletizing, polishing, or dispensing
- Connect and handle peripheral equipment, such as sensors, grippers, or conveyor belts
- Know the online tools and resources available to help with application programming
After the 2-day course, you will have hands-on experience with a UR robot. You will have programmed the robot several times to perform common tasks, including the operation of common peripherals (conveyors, sensors, grippers). You will be able to optimize a pick and place flow, perform palletization, understand safety concepts, and know the additional resources available to them both online and through other training courses. You will be ready to return to your own robot and create pick and place, palletization, and other common application programs on your own.
You must have completed the UR Academy free e-Learning Core Track before attending this training.
July 9-10th, 2024 • 8:30am – 4:30pm (2-Days) • Applied Controls – Malvern Office
TRAINING • 6 SPOTS • $1,800/STUDENT
Cognex InSight Explorer Spreadsheet STD & ADV Training
Course is a 2 Day training and primarily uses the Cognex InSight Explorer Software version 6.5.0. This course is a combination Standard & Advanced training using the Spreadsheet environment, and will focus on using many programming examples and camera images teaching machine vision and many of the STD & ADV vision tools.
Applied Controls will provided Training Laptops for each student. This training will use the Emulation Mode of the ISE software so we can focus on the use of the Spreadsheet environment as a developing and troubleshooting work space. Course workbook materials will be provided to each student along with a USB stick containing all of the PowerPoints, job programs, images, and software.
This training will not use cameras, lenses, and lights, so we can focus on the spreadsheet training of the software and vision tools. Continental breakfast will be provided along with a tasty lunch each day.
- Reliable Networking (March 20th)
- SIMATIC WinCC Unified Workshop (April 30th)
- IO-Link Workshop (May 15th)
- New Way of Motion (June 5th)
- Motor Control Fundamentals (July 17th)
- SIMATIC S7-1500F Safety Integrated (September 18th)
- TechToberFest (October 17th)
- G220 (November 6th)
- Rockwell to TIA (March 12th)
- Rockwell to TIA (August 27th)
- WinCC Unified (September 10-12th)